We base this on a mixture of things.
1) Their popularity on the site, based on hits per day.
2) Their achievements this year, so we do get the very best sportswomen of 2015. So we created an algorithim that works out their "success"
And so we compiled our list of the top Women of 2015, based on who had been featured on HWiS prior to making the list up. As we say we will post an entry roughly every day during the month of December till we get to Number 1 in time for the end of the month.
Here follows a countdown of the list revealed so far
25. Lisa Carrington - New Zealand - Kayak - Lisa Carrington
24. Silje Norendal - Norway, Snowboard - Silje Norendal
23. Alex Morgan - USA - Football - Alex Morgan
22. Julia Simic - Germany - Football - Julia Simic
21. Maria Sharapova - Russia - Tennis - Maria Sharapova
20. Deborah Rodriguez - Uruguay - Athletics - Deborah Rodriguez
19. Svenja Huth - Germany - Football - Svenja Huth
18. Ronda Rousey - USA - MMA - Ronda Rousey
17. Giulia Steingruber - Switzerland - Gymnastics - Giulia Steingruber
16. Tina Maze - Slovenia - Skiing - Tina Maze
15. Lena Petermann - Germany - Football - Lena Petermann
14. Toni Duggan - UK - Football - Toni Duggan
13. Ashleigh Ball - UK - Hockey - Ashleigh Ball
12. Dominika Cibulkova - Slovakia - Tennis - Dominika Cibulkova
11. Manon Carpenter - UK - Mountain Bike - Manon Carpenter
10. Jenny Rissveds - Sweden - Mountain Bike - Jenny Rissveds
9. Melissa Bishop - Canada - Athletics - Melissa Bishop
8. Jeanette Ottesen - Denmark - Swimming - Jeanette Ottesen
7. Laure Boulleau - France - Football - Laure Boulleau
6. Christen Press - USA - Football - Christen Press
5. Pauline Ferrand-Prevot - France - Cycling, Mountain Bike - Pauline Ferrand-Prevot
4. Jolanda Neff - Switzerland - Mountain Bike, Cycling - Jolanda Neff 1
3. Anna Fenninger - Austria - Skiing - Anna Fenninger
2. Alina Talay - Belarus - Athletics - Alina Talay
1. Dafne Schippers - Netherlands - Athletics - Dafne Schippers